The FlexLock system provides a self-anchoring method of joining ductile iron or steel pipes and offers a cost-effective, quick and simple alternative to traditional anchoring systems such as site welding, harnessing or thrust blocks.
• FlexLock permits angular deflection between pipes, allowing for normal pipeline movement such as ground settlement. Long radius curves can also be accommodated, reducing the need for special fittings. FlexLock Couplings allow for a total angular deflection of ±6° (±3° for Flange Adaptors)
• Cost-effective: FlexLock can provide significant cost savings compared to non-locking couplings with a harnessing system
• Restrains pressure thrusts without thrust blocks at bends
• Convert cut lengths of pipe into flanged pipes – allows use of pipe off-cuts
• Working pressure of 16 bar on water up to and including DN200 and 10 bar for DN250 and DN300. For gas applications a working pressure of 6 bar can be achieved
• The ability to provide angular deflection in any plane is a particular advantage – a harness assembly can provide angular deflection only in one plane
FlexLock bolt torques: M12 = 55-65Nm and M16 = 95-120Nm.
* Working pressure rating is less than flange rating.
Note: Gas options also available please call WASK team for more information.